A mouthing tool, ARK’s grabber provides an opportunity for the mouth to play through jaw movement, tongue movement, andoral exploration. ARK’s grabber has a “built in” handle that makes it easy to use for “little hands”. While all surfaces of the Grabber can be chewed on, the extension of the grabber allows the child to reach those areas further back on the tongue and between the gums and teeth.
The size, shape, and “barney” color make the grabber fun to play with.
The materials and color are FDA approved materials. It is constructed of a resilient material that is latex FREE.
ARK Grabber XT
ARK’s Grabber XT is an “Xtra Tough” version of the regular Grabber. It’s made out of a firmer material recommended for individuals who exert more jaw pressure, but it’s still chewy and resilient. Use this oral motor chew tool to exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration.
Ways Grabbers can also be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube